Tuesday, September 18, 2007

[ 18092007 7.19pm irresponsible. ]

i am what you would classify as an irresponsible friend. i dont turn up for gatherings, i dont really make an effort to small talk on msn, or drop caring little smses.
i'm definitely not high maintenance, in fact i'm almost anti social.
alot of the time, chit chatting and generally hanging out is quite tiresome to me. i'd rather be fishing or gaming or just sitting quietly, comtemplating.

it amazes me, sometimes, at how much some people put in to keep friendships alive. like paul for instance, he never fails to keep me updated about his life, organise gatherings etc etc.
it really takes alot, especially if you aren't some bored no lifer. why? because there are so many other things you can do FOR YOURSELF.

keywords here.

friendship is always taken for granted, and put below your personal needs. too often, at least.

these thoughts come to me as i reflect on how much time i've spent with my girl bunch. especially during the time mich was back. without them initiating, or coming to look for me, i doubt i'd have gone to look for them at all...

but at the end of it all.. no matter how irresponsible a friend i am, i'm always there if you REALLY need someone to talk to. thats non-negotiable. i may not be there for the good times, but try to count on me in the bad times.

No comments: